Journal of Technology and Operations Management (JTOM)
ISSN: 2590-4175 (Online)
1. Ensure that all authors are aware of submissions and the order of authorship has been agreed by all authors.
2. Whenever appropriate, the authors should declare the source of funding in the acknowledgement.
3. In case the paper is based on a case study in an organization, the authors are responsible to protect confidentiality of identity or other information about such organizations unless there was a written permission to disclose such information from an authority representing the organization.
4. A multiple or concurrent submission for an article is widely understood as a breach of ethical publication standard and we would reject any paper submitted to JTOM if we know that it is also submitted for journal evaluation elsewhere.
5. Any complaint with regards to the published papers in JTOM shall be handled by the Editor-in-Chief who will seek advises from the Board Members.
6. The Editor-in-Chief may cancel publication of an accepted manuscript or retract a published manuscript if any proven research misconduct is identified.
7. Any disputes about the authorship should be resolved by the authors themselves before a manuscript is submitted. The changes in the authorship after the initial submission of a manuscript should be made in writing before the submission of the final (accepted) manuscript and the document should be signed by all authors, including those being added or removed.
8. When the editor is involved as an author of a paper submitted to the JTOM then the review process has to be handled by other editor. Likewise, an editor should not handle the review of a paper written by an author working for the same organization with the editor.
9. Ensure that all submitted materials are free from plagiarism. The definition of plagiarism according to U.S. Federal Policy on Research Misconduct (http://www.aps.org/policy/statements/federalpolicy.cfm) is “the appropriation of another person’s ideas, processes, results, or words without giving appropriate credit”.
Note: JTOM is currently in applying membership of COPE (Committee on Publication Ethics)
School of Technology Management & Logistics
College of Business,
Universiti Utara Malaysia,
06010 UUM Sintok,
Kedah Darul Aman, MALAYSIA.
Tel: +604-928 7002
Fax: +604-928 7070