The Editorial team of the IJBF is dedicated to independently reviewing papers for original contribution(s) to a given topic. This process starts with the editors making a first screening of the submitted papers resulting in either the papers being sent for refereeing or, if being rejected, without a review report. After the referee(s) send their report(s), the editor will screen the reports for soundness, fairness, and consistency before replying to the author(s). The authors will only be invited to submit a reply and a revised manuscript if the review process recommends acceptance subject to substantial revisions. If the editors find an article in need of only a few minor editorial changes, the copy-editing process may take care of the revisions without resort to the author(s).
Accept in present form with or without slight changes
- Accept with minor revisions as suggested by the reviewer(s)
- Reject and invite resubmission if major changes are made as suggested by the reviewer(s)
- Clarity in communicating the contents of a paper (in English).
- Evidence of original contribution(s) to the field.
- High theoretical quality and validity in empirical application.